Fashion Design Bootcamp-
Learn the Skills You Need to Stand-Out from the Crowd and Become a Strong Fashion Designer!
Why is our course special ?
Are you ready to take your career to the next level?
Join other designers that have learned how to get inspired, generate original ideas, develop a signature fashion figure, and convey a unique mood with their designs in this fun, online course.
- Already have a knowledge of patternmaking, but have no idea what it takes to be a fashion designer?
- Do you feel stagnant as a designer and need help finding inspiration?
- Maybe you want to design for yourself and make your creations comes to life.
- Or perhaps you just want to learn how to get your ideas on paper so someone else can sew your designs for you.
This boot camp is perfect for you!
Rachel will walk you through the skills you need to succeed as a fashion designer, as you enter the world of apparel design. You’ll get well-kept secret resources and invaluable handouts to help kick-start your designs! This Bootcamp will demystify the apparel design process. You’ll learn the skills it takes to become a strong Fashion Designer and how to stay inspired when you become one.
Don’t worry if you’re not an artist, there are tricks you can use to make your designs shine!
- The Steps in the Fashion Design Process
- Resources to Gain New Skills and Connections
- How to Find Inspiration and Think Outside the Box
- Tools You Need to Organize Your Ideas
- How to Start Designing Today
- Learn Basic Construction Terms, Types of Fabric and Machine Terms
- How to Illustrate your Designs and Layer Colors
& so much more!
The Fashion Design Bootcamp is perfect for any aspiring designer. Rachel condenses 2 years worth of college courses into her self-paced workshop.
So if you don’t have time to go back to college but want to learn the skills of a successful designer, then this Bootcamp is for you. And if you went to college and already learned how to draft, this class will help you find new ways to be inspired and become a stronger artist.
Your only limit is your imagination. Take the plunge and invest in yourself! You’ll be happy you did!
***Added bonus- Learn how to make a professional Portfolio of your designs! Every designer needs one when applying to Fashion Design Universities, job interviews, and for snagging clients! Mine snags clients while I’m asleep.***
SOUNDS FUN… BUT WHAT ELSE IS INCLUDED, YOU ASK?
So here’s everything we’re going to cover in the course over 10 modules…
Module 1: Getting Started
- Introduction to the course.
- Downloadable course workbook PDF with exercises, to follow along and take notes.
Module 2: The Fashion Design Process
- You’ll learn what the Fashion Design Process is.
- Find out what techniques & skills you need to succeed, with links to resources.
- Learn about fashion illustrations.
- Discover the Production Process, with links to resources.
- ACTION STEP- Discover your ideal consumer.
Module 3: Finding Inspiration & Moodboards
- Learn how to find inspiration in your town.
- Discover my favorite places to visit when I need inspiration.
- ACTION STEP- How to plan a field trip.
- Learn about my favorite resources for inspo online.
- Learn how to create moodboards.
- How to use current and future trends in your designs.
Module 4: Tools to Organize you Inspirations
- How to capture inspo with your cameras.
- Taming your paper clutter.
- How to use OneNote to go digital.
- Learn how to organize your desktop.
- Ways to gather inspo with Pinterest.
- ACTION STEP- Organize your workspace with this PDF.
Module 5: Fashion Figure Drawing & Technical Sketching
- Drawing the nine-head fashion figure.
- Adding details to your designs.
- Learn how to color your designs.
- Technical sketches. Why you need them and how to use them.
- Downloadable Fashion croquis and Fashion flats PDF bundle
- ACTION STEP- Practice surface patterns and skintones
Module 6: Sewing & Construction Terms
- Basic Fabric Terms.
- Different Types of Hems.
- Sewing Machine Terms.
- Seams and seam finishes
- ACTION STEP- Gather swatches
Module 7: Understanding patterns
- Types of Patterns.
- Understanding Pattern marks like a designer.
- ACTION STEP- Analyze a pattern.
Module 8: Develop a Fashion Croquis
- Finding Inspiration for your croquis.
- ACTION STEP- Develop your signature croquis.
Module 9: Start your Designs
- Combining your new skills together.
- Sketching your first design.
- Tips on sewing your garment design.
- The importance of testing fit (& printable checklist PDF)
- ACTION STEP- Make your first design
Module 10: BONUS- Build Your Portfolio
- How to make traditional hard-bound portfolios.
- What are online portfolios and how to use them.
- Downloadable Portfolio templates PDF
- ACTION STEP- Start Growing your Portfolio
And now you’re thinking, “Goodness gracious Rachel, that’s a lot to cover.”
Yep, but I walk you through it and make it easy for you to understand. Each action step helps you build a skill that you need, and by the end of the bootcamp you’ll have all the skills you need to be a strong designer with an awesome portfolio. It takes you on a journey to help unlock your skills.
our course collection
Jewel Payment Plan
Well, other than all the hours of course videos, lectures, free printables and templates, you get a spiffy workbook to use while you follow along the course sections.
Here is a little preview of the workbook (not all pages are shown)…
Here is the good part…the workbook is just one of the resources in Fashion Design Bootcamp.
I’m going to show you exactly how I use these and give you the same templates I use to make sure my quality of work is consistent and impeccable.
- My personal list of fabric stores that I shop at, design with, sew and wear (no more guessing if a fabric store is good, just use my favs).
- My entire library of croquis, fashion figures and moodboard templates. Forget trial and error, use these vetted and proven templates to save months of time and shortcut your growth.
- Copy and paste the exact templates I use to design and use in my workflows and portfolio (you could figure it out yourself or just copy mine).
- A printable workbook filled with checklists, worksheets and tips to help you remember and apply what you learn.
I wish I would have had this when I started out, but it simply didn’t exist.
Hi! I’m Rachel, the designer and patternmaker for Golden Rippy sewing patterns and blog. I have over 13+ years of experience as a Head Designer, and over 23+ years of sewing and tailoring.
I live with my husband and kids close to Lake Tahoe and I love to write novels, code apps, bake cookies, and play video games to unwind. I’m also a best-selling author and international designer. My designs have been in magazines worldwide. I have a degree in Fashion Design and Production, as well as a background in Business Management and Marketing. I love keeping up with current and future trends and technology.
I’m offering my students a peek into the creative process and providing guidance to help you stand out and succeed from the crowd. Let me help you become a stronger designer!
Frequently Asked Questions
This course is for aspiring designers that want a solid background in designing fashion. This course is also very helpful for self-taught designers and fashion designers that need a refresher course. I’ve had students that designed for a living, and other students that were total beginners. This course offers something for everyone!
You’ll learn the fundamental steps to creating great designs. You’ll learn how to find inspiration, organize your ideas, draw your designs, and develop your own style as a fashion designer. I also share all my little tips and resources that I’ve picked up over the last few decades.
The course starts today and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish.
Yes! If you purchase the Platinum Mastery, you can pick my brain and ask me your design questions. I’m really open about fashion design and would love to help you on your journey!
This class teaches Fashion Design, not Patternmaking. I didn’t want to overwhelm you with a giant massive course you could never finish. However, this course lists the books and resources that I use to design and make patterns. I’ve also had a lot of interest in a Patternmaking Course, so stay tuned!
You can pay with Credit Card, Debit or PayPal, through the PayPal option.
We would never want you to be unhappy! If you complete the course and haven’t learned anything new, contact us in the first 7 days of purchase and we will give you a full refund.
How does forever sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own. As long as Creative Bootcamp exists, you’ll have unlimited access to your courses. You’ll also get ALL future upgrades for FREE to your courses.
The full cost of tuition in an Art & Design school is $44,020 for a fashion degree. I condense the first two years of a fashion degree into this course. This course is based on all the areas I noticed that new and self-taught designers were lacking in. You will not only leap into Fashion Design but it will also help you see the areas that you should concentrate on to become a stronger designer. And if you pick one of the higher tiers, you’re also saving money. I normally charge upwards of $100+ an hour for my design services. The course may be an investment, but imagine how much time and money you could be wasting by NOT enrolling in this course.
This is the course I wish I had while I was learning how to design. It cuts through the fluff and shows you exactly what you need to set yourself apart. I don’t waste your precious time on things you don’t need. AND you can learn in your jammies. 😉
Save time and Jumpstart Your Fashion Designs Today!
I’m so excited to help you get started on this journey. I can’t wait to see you in Fashion Design Bootcamp!
If you still have any questions, feel free to email me. I want to help you make sure you’re a good fit for this Bootcamp.